I came home last night and was on top of the world! Why? Social Media Club Dallas met last night... It is refreshing to go to a monthly "meeting" and it be interactive versus a lecture format similar to IABC or PRSA. Constant interaction with such a diverse group of communicators (IT included) gives rise to enthusiasm I have not felt in my "real" job.
With introductions, each person was asked to share their fave tools.
- PSD2HTML -- It means that you give us a design in any of common formats (PSD, PNG, AI etc. or even HTML of existing markup) and in 8 hours you receive high-quality XHTML / CSS markup!
- Jott -- A Jott is a thought, an idea, a task, an action item, a phone number, a gift, a check list for your move, a to-do for today, a request from a customer, a moment in time, a restaurant recommendation -- it's anything you want to offload to remember later. You can Jott yourself or you can Jott a contact.
- Spinvox -- Sending messages should be as simple as speaking them.
Receiving messages should be as easy as seeing them on screen, and replying as effortless as a click.
- Picnik -- Online photo editing
- WatchetShot -- Screenshot freeware
- Tiny URL -- Make long URLs usable
- Basecamp -- Project collaboration, management and task software
- Accomplice -- Partner in time software
Last night, the topic of discussion was the controversial politics and blogs/social media. I took prestigious notes and the post is taking a life of its own, so...I will continue to develop and share this week. Engineering naturalness...